This development plan is the compilation of the inputs from district community members. The plan would never have come to fruition without their support. The Centreville District Community Development Association’s Executive and Board of Directors deeply appreciate this effort by community members.
MUNICIPAL PLANNING STRATEGY- 1979
- Direct the majority of future population growth and associated urban services into designated growth centres.
- Protect and enhance the high capability natural resource base in rural areas for primary resource development and associated land use activities.
- Protect the capability of the inland lakes and coastal shoreland areas to provide growth centres with high quality, sustainable recreation.
- Aylesford – Village
- Canning – Village
- Greenwood – Village
- Kingston – Village
- New Minas – Village
- Port Williams – Village
- Village of Cornwallis – Village
- Centreville – residential
- Hantsborder growth centres
- Coldbrook – corridor growth
- North Kentville centres
- extensive commercial or industrial development not to be encouraged in growth centres